For the first time in a long time I don't feel like playing any video games. I just watched some anime and now I'm streaming the upcoming Grizzy Bear album on NPR (which so far is better than I could have hoped) and reading old posts on this site which is causing me to reminisce about the past, something I've been trying to avoid lately. I've realized though that I would have forgotten many events if I hadn't recorded them here, so I'm adding a few tonight.

It has been pouring rain for the last two days, making it dark and dreary, and the days seem to be getting shorter already. I'm looking forward to snow and ice and freezing temperatures, which is pretty weird cause I think I was at the beach just over a week ago.

My thirty-second birthday was three days past on Friday. I took the day off work so I could sleep in and waste time playing games. (Maple Story again this year for some reason.) Mom, Gary and Kalon came down to Charlottetown with an awesome, home-made, blue layered cake. (I just had a piece a few hours ago from the quarter or so that is still in my fridge.) We went to the Orange Lunchbox with my aunt Kim to get some supper and ate it at my house, then cut the cake with my roommates. It was a pretty satisfactory birthday. I feel like being thirty-two is gonna be better than being thirty-one, and definitely better than being thirty.

Joey and Merina were on PEI to visit for the last two weeks of August, and a little bit of September. I took a whole bunch of time off work and just lived in Summerside at my parent's house with them. Thinking back we didn't do a whole lot... Visited with Ryan and Jeff a little bit, went to Caolan and Kathleen's engagement party (and a bachelor party) out at Argyle Shore. We did get to the beach a bunch of times, much more often than I had gone the two and a half months of Summer before Joey and Merina were here. Oh and I took a bike ride with Andrew on the trails through the Friendship Park, which I haven't done in a really long time. I wish I was able to bike more often.

Kalon also came to visit for a few weeks. (The last week of Joey and Merina's visit, and the week after.) It was great to see him again. Hard to believe this was the first time in nearly a year that we had everyone in the family together.

Tomorrow I might go to the pool for the first time in over a year. Should be interesting.

Grizzly Bear - A Simple Answer
Powered by: